The Herbster Community Club Welcomes You
Season’s Greetings from the Herbster Community Club
As 2018 comes to a close, it’s time to inform current Club members and potential new members about our accomplishments in the past year as well as our goals for the upcoming year. Even though ours is a small club, much is accomplished with the donations we receive and the funds we raise at our events. Many charitable organizations have paid administrators or event coordinators, but at the Herbster Community Club those positions are filled by volunteers. For this reason we get a lot of bang for your charitably donated buck.
Here’s what we accomplished in 2018:
- Repairs were made to gym logs and adjacent roof over the gym fry room
- Original gym restrooms were given a much needed facelift
- A U.S. flag was purchased for the cemetery
- Solar lights were purchased for the flagpoles at the cemetery and the gym
- Our ongoing commitment to scholarships was fulfilled
- Purchase of pickleball equipment: net, 4 paddles, balls, and floor tape
- Purchased volleyball net and tetherball with rope for playground
- Flower pots were filled and tended by volunteers, flowers purchased for gym
- Volunteers performed roadside clean-up
- We held two fundraising events
- We held the Community Cookout
- With the help of the Town of Clover, chinking was replaced in the south wall of gym
For 2019 we turn our attention to two areas in addition to what the Club does on an annual basis. There is a standing agreement by the Club to resurface the basketball court at the playground. Since paving is due to occur adjacent to the playground this next year, this may be the opportunity to get the court resurfaced. The other area of focus is the gym. With help from your donations and the Town of Clover we plan to continue rechinking our historic building. Our contractor plans to recommence this work next spring.
Thank you for your support. We wish all of you a happy, healthy, and prosperous new year.
Dale Fuller, President
Herbster Community Club
Want to see what volunteers have been doing for the club lately? Click on photo gallery under PHOTOS.
For more photos...
The photo archives page does not work as conveniently as one might think it should. Even though it is a bit cumbersome, you can view many more photos by clicking on PHOTOS on the horizontal menu and choosing "photo archives". Pick a category and point and click "read more". A page of thumbnails will appear from which you select a photo to view. It will display as a thumbnail by itself. Click on that and it will display full size. Back arrow twice to return to the page of thumbnails.